Individual Spotlight: Tracey Noonan
1. What is your name, and what is your position with the VA?
Tracey Noonan, VASH Program manager
2. How long have you had this title, and how would you describe the position?
I have been in the position since the inception of the program in 2008. I oversee the program in general, which means managing the waitlist and intakes, public relations, making sure that we meet the mission of the program, our VA performance measures, and that the program provides quality care to all we serve. I also carry a caseload of veterans who I provide direct service to.
3. What should we know about your organization?
The VA has made tremendous efforts over the past several years to integrate with our community partners and the public at large to provide well rounded housing services to veterans and their families through the HUD VASH program.
4. What are you looking to gain through your involvement with the Continuum?
To establish positive working relationships and increase knowledge of other programs that are out there.
5. What do you love most about your job?
Visiting a vet coming out of homelessness after he or she gets his or her apartment all set up.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Spending time with family, gardening, the beach, hiking, reading.