1. What is your name and your position with The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester?
My name is Dave Carroll. I am the Homeless Outreach Specialist at the MHCGM.
2. How long have you been involved with the MCoC?
Approximately four years.
3. How did you originally become involved?
Izet, from the Way Home, suggested that I come to the Homeless Liaison Committee meetings to network with other outreach workers in Manchester. Shortly after that, I started attending the Social Policy and General Assembly meetings.
4. What are you looking forward to most about serving on the Leadership Committee?
I look forward to bringing ideas to the committee that are informed by my experiences as an outreach worker. I believe that the MCoC will benefit greatly by incorporating input from people that are homeless or formerly homeless into the decision-making process.
5. What changes do you see happening in the MCoC over the next year?
I expect that there will be more of an emphasis on collaboration and cooperation among agencies.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I like to get outside, preferably in the woods or on a mountain. I also enjoy reading, playing guitar or mandolin, and spending time with family and friends.